Sunday, October 14, 2007

Oh My!

So I sit here watching the Bungals play Kansas City, a team mind you, that hadn't scored a 1st quarter point all season. Not only did they put up ten against the Bengals in the first quarter, they lead at half-time 20-7. Our bungals are now 1-4 and essentially out of it! Losing like this to Kansas City is ridiculous.

Has there ever been a coach in the NFL who was worse than Marvin at managing the challenge flag? Did he not think we would need a timeout when he challenged the spot on the 4th down run? How many times is that going to happen? I think they were screwed on the Chapman reception, but the challenge of the spot, already losing one timeout was horrible!

Being somewhat dense, I decided to put off other work and watch the second half, hopeful that our genius coaching staff would make the adjustments necessary to compete. Shame on me! As I watched it struck me that we have $72million committed to two tackles that basically can't play any more. Willie has been a wonderful player and even better person, his time is come and gone. If the cheap-ass Brown family ever builds a Hall of Fame he's in it! And Levi, well Levi hasn't been the same since he got his ass kicked in Vegas; he was pulled midway through the first half. Good decision on Eric Steinbach Marvin!

This is a horrible job of preparing your team to compete with two weeks to get ready for a team many thought was among the worst in the league! Marvin, it's time for you to surrender and let us move on. Thank you for getting us this far, go be a defensive co-ordinator for someone. Maybe instead of a motivational speaker, Marvin should bring in a new coach. This is 1-7 in our last eight games!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't ready to give up, but now I've had enough!!! I didn't vote before but I'd like to log a vote anyway - ANYONE!!! - except Marvin! He's lost this team for good.

Anonymous said...

You know who Marvin reminds me of? Denny Green!

Anonymous said...

It truly feels like we've reverted back to the '90s and I don't think I can relive that nightmare again.

What's most disappointing is Marvin's state of denial: “What I told our football team in there just now, I thought for the first time this football season we played like a football team in the second half of this game. And though we didn't come out and win this football game today, I thought we made some progress and some signs of a football team, not a bunch of individual guys.”

Are you f'n kidding me? Their performance was horrendous. A dose of Jim Mora-like reality check would have offset some of the agony. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM